Give to Community Care
We need your help! Community Care is a non-profit 501c3 organization that relies on support from generous individuals and businesses like you! You can join us in helping Maine children, families, and individuals that have significant needs.
Can you imagine what it would be like not to be able to give your children food and clothing—will you help this parent? Will you consider assisting a family that is struggling to provide even the most basic of needs for their young children? Will you give a hand to a homeless adult who is trying to find some safe and secure housing? Or will you help a teen who is leaving the foster care system with nothing?
Can you imagine what it would be like to live in poverty in the most remote part of Maine without reliable transportation and be struggling with a child who needs specialized supports to remain at home? Or can you picture what it would be like to not be eligible for MaineCare yet not have enough money to get necessary mental health treatment or counseling?
You can make a difference! Please consider a financial contribution to Community Care. Your tax-deductible donation goes a long way to help the children, families, and individuals that we support. We depend on the generosity of people like you to help us help people who need us.
You may designate your donation to our Care Fund. This fund is exclusively used to help our clients who live in poverty and are struggling to meet emergency and basic human needs. We are very proud of this fund, which was established over 17 years ago and is primarily funded through our employees who contribute to the fund out of their paychecks and also by generous individuals and businesses in the community. Your donation to this fund may be used in a variety of ways including:
- Safe and temporary housing and basic needs to women and children who are experiencing domestic violence
- Emergency fuel assistance in winter months
- Purchasing a bed for a child who is moving from their foster home to a kinship grandparent home
- Security deposits so that families can move from homelessness to apartment living
- Assistance to teens who are aging out of the foster care system with essential supports so that they can begin their adult lives
- Emergency food, diapers, and other essential needs
- Transportation for a family to obtain medical care
You may also designate your contribution to our Community Fund which is used to help our agency continue to be financially healthy so that we can continue to serve and support some of the most vulnerable people in Maine communities. These funds would be used to off-set or meet unfunded agency costs in a variety of ways including:
- Travel costs to provide service to remote rural families and individuals—the costs involved in this travel exceed the funds we are given to provide service
- Program start-up and development costs—the rates for service do not support these essential tasks and activities
- Staff training and development which allows our staff to increase their skills to help our clients
- Technology equipment to that our staff can work remotely so we can serve clients in more rural areas
- Outreach to meet unfunded community needs
- Cover costs of service provisions that our rates do not cover
Thank you so much for considering a contribution to either the Community Fund or Care Fund. We can assure you that your donation, irrespective of size, will be put to good use and will be a tremendous help to Community Care, our clients, and Maine communities!
Community Care is a private non-profit (501)c3 agency. Your donation is tax-deductible.
To make a donation, simply click on one of the following buttons:
I wish to donate to the Care Fund.
I wish to donate to Community Care for whichever purpose my contribution is most needed.
Donations also can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 936
Bangor, ME 04402
Attn: Steve Reevy