Outpatient Mental Health Clinic
“Coming to the clinic not only helps the youth in our home it also helps with us and our other children.”Adult receiving clinic services
The terms “therapy” and “Mental Health Clinic” can be off-putting to many people, because they often come with outdated ideas about what therapy is. At Community Care, “therapy” is a word that means that two people have come together to share ideas, to build on things that are working well, and to shore up defenses against things that are not. Our therapists are highly skilled, experienced people who have chosen to work in the Outpatient Clinic because they want to support people just like you. The clinicians at Community Care want to help you make the changes that you want to make. We are here for you, no matter who you are, or where you are on your journey through this life. We are people who have chosen to dedicate our careers to reaching out to others who are trying to find their way through the complex life that we all lead. It is our hope that anyone who comes to Community Care will find an open door to self-discovery.
Specific areas of support include:
Community Care is fully licensed to provide mental health and substance abuse treatment to families, children, and adults of all ages. Our clinic currently serves people who are:
Recovering from difficult life experiences, including the effects of trauma or abuse
- Overcoming substance abuse and/or maintaining recovery
- Experiencing depression and isolation
- Learning new skills to manage chronic mental health challenges
- Learning to manage the stressors of balancing employment with other priorities
- Addressing family conflict, managing difficult child behavior, and parenting support
- Resolving conflict within a marriage/partnership
- Reducing anxiety and becoming more comfortable in social settings
- Involved with the child welfare system
Evidenced-based treatment modalities include but are not limited to:
- Motivational Interviewing;
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT);
- Structural Family Therapy; and
- Solutions Focused Therapy.
Different forms of therapy work better for some people than others. There is no standard issue plan. You will work directly with your therapist to make a plan that works for you based entirely on your goals for the future, and together, in complete (federally protected) privacy, you will explore various actions steps and the reasons that you are thinking about taking them. We will talk about how things that you have experienced make you who you are today and how those things shaped your relationships with other people in your life. We will help you find yourself when you are lost, discover an answer to a question that has long bothered you or reduce your reliance on coping strategies that are creating more problems than they solve.
- Youth and adults of all ages;
- Accepting Mainecare, Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Harvard Pilgrim, Health Plans, and self-pay.
Adults can self refer, parents guardians can refer on the behalf of their child, and any provider/advocate involved in supporting an individual may refer for clinic services.
Our outpatient clinics are located in our Bangor office.