“Our Promise” … Shaw House will work to meet the needs of young people who are homeless by providing a variety of services in a manner that recognizes your dignity, improves your quality of life and moves you towards a successful future.
When youth receive services from Shaw House we pledge to uphold your:
- Right to have basic needs met.
- Right to be respected in and by the community
- Right to live in a clean safe and chemically free environment
- Right to be treated fairly and with respect
- Right to express yourself through your dress and individual style
- Right to have others respect your property.
- Right to make a complaint and express your concerns and disagreements
Right to your personal space
- Right to an education
In Addition… you can expect:
- That you will have the right to work with trained, open, friendly and supportive staff who will always try to treat you fairly.
- That a code –of-conduct will be agreed with you and displayed in each program.
- That we will respond to complaints in a prompt, honest and confidential manner.
In return we expect that you will take responsibility for:
- Upholding the safety of all youth staying at Shaw House.
- Participating in a plan for personal safety and personal development.
- Respecting diversity of all youth and staff.
- Maintaining good relationships within the community.
- Respecting each other, Shaw House staff, and Shaw House property.